As alumni of Phillips Andover and Sidwell Friends my co-founder and I know first-hand the benefits of a private school education. At Andover I learned as much from my peers as I did from the amazing faculty, and I had resources and facilities that would make many colleges envious. That education was probably the greatest gift my parents ever gave me, and I value it more each year.
If you are considering a competitive private school for your child, the ISEE or SSAT will be a critical component of your child’s application. We’ve been helping students prepare for these exams since the 1990’s, and are firm believers that private tutoring is the single best way to improve your child’s scores.
How Our ISEE Tutoring Works
The first step is consulting with you to get a sense for your child: his or her academic strengths and weaknesses, interests, and other factors that will help us select the right instructor from our staff. Once we’ve agreed on a strong match, your child will take a full length ISEE practice test to create a baseline and help the tutor begin to customize the program for your child.
Once underway your tutor will focus on three critical areas:
- The classic test taking strategies and techniques that can earn extra points.
- Learning and reviewing the content covered on the exam.
- Practice and more practice – of different question types, content areas, etc.
As your child moves through the program, we will regularly monitor his or her progress, and as necessary, make adjustments to the program. Our goal is to ensure that your child is prepared and confident on test day, and that your child achieves the best possible score.
The Keys to Our Success
We are a national leader in ISEE tutoring, and our success stems from three main factors:
- Personalization: private tutoring is the single most efficient and effective way for students to learn. With a private ISEE tutor your child will have the instructor’s undivided attention, and can work at a pace that is appropriate for his or her needs.
- Tutors: we have an exceptional team of instructors, who have been carefully screened and then trained on how to customize our ISEE curriculum to each student’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Convenience: we understand that tutoring is just one part of your family’s calendar, and to make things work for our families we’ve focused on private, in-home tutoring since day one. Today you have the option to have a tutor come right to your home, or to work with one of our highly experienced online ISEE tutors.
From here I encourage you to learn more about our ISEE tutoring. We’ve built our reputation on helping families achieve their educational goals, and our students have attended some of the world’s most prestigious boarding and private schools.
Richard J. Enos
CEO & Co-Founder
PS - We also provide private admissions consulting with experienced private and boarding school admissions professionals. You can learn more about that service here.